Monday, January 12, 2009

Job Titles

I have been thinking about a few friends who are going through career type changes, either lay offs and the like, or for a couple, making a decision to leave a job. I shared this with one and thought I'd submit it to all, with the hopes to encourage.

I'm sorry to hear the job search is so rough. I have a friend who is looking to quit her job so that she can stay home with her kids, but is struggling with it too. I know it wouldn't seem that it really relates to your situation, but stick with me. I remember how I used to define who I was in equality to my value in a job that I'd get paid to do. "So tell me about yourself...." and I'd rattle off my resume. I realized after I wasn't in the work place anymore, that regardless of where life may have me, I needed to focus on who I am.... I am a follower of Christ, I am a daughter of the Great High King - by his choice, he adopted me, I am a wife, I am a mother, I am a friend. I can be defined by the gifts and blessings he has put on me, which I may use in a job. A job title is one of those things that will pass and fade with different seasons in our lives. A lack of one (job) does not change who you are.

I hope today is a restful and peaceful day for you. I pray that God will set your mind, body, soul at ease and he will show you his purpose for you. Stand strong, find Joy in Christ.

Jer 29: 11-14
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous encouraging email! Not just to your friend but to all of us regarding our position in life. Well said.

    "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determins his steps."
    Proverbs 16:9

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....