Wednesday, September 9, 2009

32 week babies update

Up to this point, the boys have been showing signs of healthy growth. The only area of concern is the position of baby A - Nathan. He has been in a breech position - head up, since the 20 week ultrasound. General policy for most OB/GYNs and hospitals is to schedule moms with a breech baby for a c-section. With singleton babies, doctors will attempt a physical inversion, basically pushing the mom's belly, really hard, to try to get the baby to flip. There is much too much risk involved in attempting this with twins.

So going into today's ultrasound, I had hoped that I had felt a change in position. I can feel a hard 'something' near the left side of my belly button... I was sure it could only be his bottom... he HAD to have flipped....


well... a baby sure did flip - just the wrong one! Micah - baby B is now in a breech position - head up, bottom down. That hard part I felt was actually Micah's head. That little stinker! Look at the bottom picture, he's smiling!

On a good note, they continue to grow well. Nathan is the smaller of the two for now, weighing 3 pounds and 11 ounces. Micah is at 4 pounds and 5 ounces. I will see my doctor on Friday and see what all of this will mean. I still anticipate at least another 4-6 weeks before seeing these boys face to face.

1 comment:

  1. Just curious - is there a chance that Baby A could become Baby B?
    In other words, is there a chance that Micah could flip around and shove his brother outta the way on his way down? I don't mean necessarily during labor, but prior to labor.
    I still think Micah was just showing Nathan how it's done. They have time to flip again. Not that it will be very comfortable for Mom, but she's learning Romans 12:1 first hand, right?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....