Friday, September 4, 2009

And so it is decided


My husband shared the following with me and his parents today. I am so in love with this man. I can't imagine anyone who could be a better father to our children. And so, it is....

Having six kids to me is not so much about the work to raise them, and it will be work. But more about the legacy we will leave behind. The lives impacted by our children being servants of God doing his will and how powerful that will be. So this song speaks to me and confirms for me the names I’ve had in mind for a while now. I see God doing some things in me and using these little guys as a conduit for something bigger. Anyway read the Lyrics for “Beautiful Ending”

Oh, tragedy
Has taken so many
Love lost cause they all
Forgot who You were
And it scares me to think
That I would choose
My life over You
Oh, my selfish heart
Divides me from You
It tears us apart

So tell me
What is our ending?
Will it be beautiful
So beautiful?

Oh, why do I
Let myself let go
Of Hands that painted the stars
And holds tears that fall?
And the pride of my heart
Makes me forget
It's not me but You
Who makes the heart beat
I'm lost without You
And dying from me

So tell me
What is our ending?
Will it be beautiful
So beautiful?

Will my life
Find me by Your side?
Your love is beautiful
So beautiful

At the end of it all
I wanna be in Your arms
At the end of it all
I wanna be in Your arms
At the end of it all
I wanna be in Your arms
At the end of it all
I wanna be in Your arms

So tell me
What is our ending?
Will it be beautiful
So beautiful?
Will my life
Find me by Your side?
'Cause Your love is beautiful
So beautiful





This speaks to me, on a level of “I’ve failed so many times, but God is so gracious”. It also speaks of my desire to be walking with him and with you until the end. It speaks to my fears of not knowing how in the world we are going to manage this. It reassures me that it’s not all in my hands to accomplish. It asks the question, to which I know the answer is “yes”. I cant help but cry when I listen to this and look at a picture of the kids here at work. We’ve got to think about the ending, not just what’s going on now. God’s just pressing on me that he is going to do amazing things through our kids.

So here is what I’m thinking

Nathaniel – Gift of God

Nathan – Gift , El – God

So direct translation of Nathan is just “Gift”

Micah - who resembles God? Who Is Like The Lord?

Both are Prophets, both brought truth, and correction to God’s people.

Micah 7:18-20:
18 Where is another God like you,
who pardons the guilt of the remnant,
overlooking the sins of his special people?
You will not stay angry with your people forever,
because you delight in showing unfailing love.
19 Once again you will have compassion on us.
You will trample our sins under your feet
and throw them into the depths of the ocean!
20 You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love
as you promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago.

The story of Nathan and David in 2nd Samuel 12. Again he brings correction, but as a friend and in a loving way. Nathan was sent from God to David for David. It reminds me that even in correction God knows how best to teach us, and reminds me I need to be better with my own correction of the kids.

I’m feeling these are the names. The longer we look the more these seem to settle. I’m keeping an open mind/ear to God, but these names are feeling much like when we named Zak. They are not so much for us to like, but for them and what they will do in their life time. I’m feeling they are going to be some outspoken boys who will hold to his word, and hold those around them accountable to God’s plan. So how do you feel about

Nathan David Vertner

Micah Robert Vertner

Mom, Dad, I’ve included you on this email so you can see how and why we’ve named our kids. As I’ve said it’s not always a biblical thing, but a God thing. Do listen to the song when you can. Pull up the lyrics, they are real. I don’t say it enough but thank you guys (mom/dad) for all you’ve done for me. As a parent now I realize what it takes out of you and while you guys are not perfect, I’m blessed to have you both.

I have the utmost peace that Shane has heard this from God, which makes me love these names all the more. And I can't wait to meet them!

4 comments:

  1. so special, so amazing. it gave me chills (in a good way) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song.
    Wonderful names...especially knowing how and why you've selected them.

    I love the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post also makes me remember the Mothers Life Verse that we're so familiar with:

    III John 1:4
    I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

    Because "in the end" this is what we want for our kids. This is the beautiful ending.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....