Thursday, November 6, 2008

Clean your windows

My sweet friend, Pauline, sent me this in an email today:

Sometimes things aren't what they appear to be.

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning, while they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees the neighbor hang up the wash outside.

'That laundry is not very clean, she said, she doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs another laundry soap."

The husband looked on, but remained silent. Every time her neighbor would hang out the wash, the young woman would make the same comment.

About a month later, the woman was surprised to see a nice clean wash onthe line and said to her husband, 'Look! she has learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this?

Her husband said, 'I got up early this morning and washed the windows.

And so it is with life: What we see while watching others, depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

I wonder if today I will be pedaling laundry soap or cleaning my windows...

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I have been thinking about this alot lately but in terms of how we all look through the lens of our own life experiences, convictions, etc.

    And I STILL can't believe you MADE those gorgeous costumes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and have sent on via email to some of my friends. Not becuase they needed it, but because I find it to be convicting amd maybe someone else will too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....