Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day

Generally Veterans Day has meant for me a day off of work or school, and it has always been, as long as I can recall, my brother's birthday. (Happy Birthday Bob)

The Lord has set on my heart to meditate on our observed holiday. We are so quick to take for granted the freedoms to which we are entitled as Americans. And how easily we forget the price that has been paid time and time again to establish and maintain those freedoms.

To those who have served, thank you. Know that your willing hearts and sacrifices make a difference on this earth and in eternity.

Jesus said

I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. And here is how to measure it--the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends.
John 15:12&13

God bless our soldiers and veterans, not just today but every day. Protect them and draw them nearer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it....