Thursday, May 15, 2008

Too hot to cook!

What a beautiful day today!! But really - who would want to be in a hot kitchen on a day like today?! (I was, but that's a post on another day)

Here is what I whipped up for dinner:

2 cups pasta (macaroni / shells) cooked in salted water, rinsed and chilled
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cooked, diced, chilled.
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup chopped celery (I like the leafy tops)
1 apple cored and diced
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tbs dill weed
6 leaves of romaine (or leaf lettuce)
1 shredded carrot
2 tomatoes sliced

Combine noodles, chicken, onion, celery, apple, cheddar. In separate bowl combine seasonings and cottage cheese and mayo. Toss noodle mix with mayo mix to combine throughly. Break lettuce and line platter with lettuce and carrots. Pile pasta on top of lettuce. Put sliced tomatoes on top. I garnished with "McComrick Grinders" Tellcherry Black Peppercorns and
Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt.

Chill and serve.

Yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am SOOO going to make this. What a scrumptious sounding summer salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, it was indeed too hot to cook. But I did, too. Me, of all people! I made a yummy sausage/bean/rice dish that I got from TB. I'll post that sometime, too. If you're going to post lots of recipes, we'll be eating happy over here because I'll copy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey fried its April, I have been reading your blog, check out mine its justice27.wordpress.com I am coming up at the end of June and would love to see you, my life is crazy and has changed so much in the last four months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a yummy salad. Thank you for sharing it.

    Sarah, You are doing so well with your gardening. Your rhubarb is beautiful. I love your silk flowers and think they are very pretty. What a great idea for those difficult places to grow things. I have an area like that.

    Have a great day. Hugs, Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....