Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fantastic Fathers- Part 1

Happy Father's Day 2008.

My husband is a fantastic man, fantastic husband, but most of all, a fantastic father.

As an only child of a single mother, I become more and more amazed at his strength as a father with each passing day. He has always behaved and parented as if he has had the most wise, just and loving father for his example. And in fact, I think that is the secret to his success... he has looked to his Heavenly Father as an example. He has established biblical order to our home. I can look to him for guidance, wisdom and encouragement.

He takes his daughter's lovingly into his arms and tells them how beautiful they are. I don't think they will question or doubt their beauty - inside and out, because of how he loves them.

He teaches his sons the important boy stuff that they just have to know, but also leads their hearts to a place where they grow to love Jesus and to turn to God in all they do.

He also, almost magically, brings security to his home and wife. The rush of excitement and sqweals of "DADDY!" as the key turns in the door, when he comes home every night is the best part of every day.

Thank you my dear and loving husband for being the man God created you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it....