Saturday, June 14, 2008

Theives or scavengers?

Isn't this thing GORGEOUS?!?!?!
honest to pete, it's growing in my front yard!

When we went to the farm a few weeks ago, our farmer (a professional) said gardening is an expirement, every year. boy! That is sure nice to hear. I thought I was the only one who was so recklessly trying to create stuff from dirt!

So my rose bushes... I kind of stole them. I think it depends on how you define stealing.... if stealing means taking something that doesn't belong to you, well then, yes, I stole them. But I really prefer to say that I am a scavenger, not a thief. The house was about to be torn down and the lot was to be plowed for a new development. We (me and my wonderful neighbor) went and dug them up and replanted them in my yard. I figured I wouldn't feel so horrible if I killed them and I hadn't paid for them. Really, I just rescued them... and this is my reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it....