Sunday, June 22, 2008

The sad tooth...

My heart was broken about two weeks ago.... my eldest notified us that his tooth was loose. As much as I try, these beautiful children are always showing signs of becoming less of children. Is that strange? A mother wanting to send her children to 'Neverland' so that they might enjoy the whimsy and delight of a Peter Pan life??

Despite my hopes, they will grow... they will loose their baby teeth and gain adult teeth.

The loss occurred this morning, during breakfast... as it just hung on by a thread he pulled it out and came to me with a bloody grin, and bloody tooth in his hand... "I pulled it out!"


And as one reaches an end, another begins...

A week ago, while trying to catch a matinée with the kids, Maggy's first tooth cut through. Painfully. Maggy and I didn't get to see the whole movie.


(I have yet to get a picture of said tooth)

2 comments:

  1. They try to get you used to the idea by cutting teeth then losing them, by giving you small signs that they will one day grow up.

    Sweet memories.I am glad I have pictures of my oldest one's first tooth having fallen out. Of course, I still have the tooth too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, Sarah.
    This is a great post.
    If you find the magic potion that keeps the kids from growing, please bottle some for me. I'll give you cash.

    Babies.
    Kids.
    Teens.
    Adults.
    Old.
    Heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....