Monday, June 30, 2008

Love Personified in Haiti

For those checking in on the Penn Family and their adventures in Haiti - a treasure hunt of sorts....I received this email today:

We made it. It was an exhausting nearly 24 hr journey but the meeting was joyous! David and Julie asked me to mail you (they are at the Consulate and I stayed behind) and let you know so that you can pass the word on. Our last leg of the journey from Miami to Port au Prince was delayed twice and landed in 35 mph winds that made our tummies roll. David has a story to share but I will leave that for him.

Walking into this home and having Yolanta and Katie greet their parents is something I will never forget. It was love personified.

As far as I know everything is as scheduled for Wed but if it should change we'll let you know. No cell service here but I expect David and/or Julie to get on this computer later.

Take care and thanks for spreading the word.

With love,

~K!

(Grammy :)
I will continue to provide updates as they are made available, including the information on their return flight status Wednesday night. Continue to pray for their stay, as Port au Prince isn't the safest city, and for a quick and easy flight home.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks, Sarah, for keeping us aprised of the goings on, I know everyone's so exuberant with anticipation!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....