Monday, July 28, 2008

Bad Boys - the rest of the story

As it turns out, vigilance and three women in a garage with cameras can be an affective tool against criminals :-)

We continued to see a small amount of traffic at the house across the street over the next few days. I was not as scared of standing at the end of my driveway and blatantly taking pictures of the visitors, not anymore. Friday afternoon and evening, we watched the people who were supposedly still living at the house loading up most of their junk and getting out. Unfortunately for the landlords, they left quite a bit of junk and a significant mess, but they are gone.

As I am typing this I am also uploading the last of the license plate photos to send to the police. One of the rooms in the house, which was the bedroom with a sliding glass door, had the most impact. The carpets were pretty abused and there was a definite stench of cigarettes and filth. A padlock was installed on the hall-side of the door, and a set of track lights had been installed in a closet. Amongst the piles of other random garbage was quite a few 5-6 foot sections of garden hose. I don't know a whole lot about drug use, but we are assuming that this means that they were trying to grow something, presumably pot, and hopefully nothing more serious.

As the evening light was starting to dwindle tonight, I noticed Earl (the sweet old gentleman, Carole's husband) was sitting on his front porch. We joked that there isn't much to see anymore and that our neighborhood has become quite boring!

I'll take boring...

I'd rather take on the"bad" boys like this!

(Noah lost his 4th tooth tonight... 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom all missing at once!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it....