Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence and Freedom

I think it is easy for our culture to overlook the luxury of our freedom, being American, living in the US. It is a luxury. I thank God often that I was fortunate to have born here. There are so many wonderful aspects of our lives that we owe thanks to our freedom, and it was not, nor does it continue to be, with out cost.

I'm grateful for our democratic system, allowing us to all have our own voice.

I'm honored by those who have gone into military service, risking life and limb to ensure our safety and freedom.

I'm moved by desire of our government to care for those less fortunate, whether on our own soil or across the sea.

I guess I should just admit it. I am a true-blue patriot at heart. I get a little weepy when I consider the lives of our forefathers. I like to vote, even if the issues on the ballot have little effect on me, just because we should.

I am proud to be an American.

What do you value most about the freedom of living in America?



(I will save you and not put the song on my playlist...if I heard it, I'd probably get choked up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it....