Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Heralds?

I am not a theologian by any means. I may have this completely wrong.


For some reason, this year's reciting of the traditional Christmas Carols is affecting me in a way that is more than sentimental.



I don't think I'd ever given much thought to heralds of angels, or more specifically, the angels that sang in worship over Jesus' birth.
Luke 2:13-14

Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others--the armies of heaven--praising God:
"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to all whom God favors.

I have recently wondered, did these angels come of their own accord? They were in Heaven with God the Father AND the son from before the dawn of creation. They knew God, they know God, in His fullness. I have heard before that angels do not have free will, but I don't know if that is biblical or not. I imagine, it would not require a mandate from authority to bring them to a place of praise. What a wonderful eternity, to know God in His fullness, aware of who He is and is Mercy and Grace. They would know of his purpose to come as the savior of the world, but also likely knew of the sacrifice that would be required of the Savior, just that we, pittiful sinners, would know the Almighty God.

Sing praise today to God, think on this. That if you knew all that the angels had known and will know, you would find magnificent and wonderful ways to worship Him.

Merry CHRIST-mas to you.







1 comment:

  1. Oh this is beautiful. It really is. I will be thinking on these things today.

    Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the new born king!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....