Monday, December 15, 2008

Unusual

Many of my fellow bloggers in the Pacific North West are sharing this same subject, and it is mostly because this is such an unusual occurrence!

Rarely does this part of Oregon get "wintry"weather. This week's forecast is probably more wintry than any we have experience in the 10 years that I have lived here. We have had storms, some snow, but usually water-dense snow that melts quickly, or just ice storms. Yesterday dropped dry, dusty flakes most of the day, resulting in about 3 inches.



The temperature has dipped as low as single digits and is holding at about 15 degrees now. BRRRR!!

Kids, being kids, feel the need to take advantage of the opportunity while it is available.


Unfortunately, the snow is a little too dry to build with and the wind is a little too sharp. So adventures out require more time preparing than the actual event.

Forecast is calling for continued cold, more white stuff, and maybe an ice storm next Sunday. Its beginning to look like we will be staying close to home this week. I'm glad for the change in my thinking about Christmas, I have little left to do that will require doing things in stores! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ha...that last pic reminds me of Ralphy in "Christmas story" where he's so bundled up that he couldn't put his arms down!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it....