Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankfulness countdown 22 - Creator God who chose me to be loved!

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
Ephesians 1:4

This morning I attended the WPM (Moms') bible study this morning at Westport Church. We are studying Ephesians. Our wonderful and amazing teacher was showing us a diagram of the Holy Tabernacle, as described in the Old Testament. In the Law, God set out for the Israelites very specific rules about who would be allowed to enter the most holy places in the temple. God gave very specific instructions for the "Holy of Holys", the deepest part of the Temple, which was separated by a veil or curtain, included many specific laws to be kept by the select priests who could enter this place. If he did not follow these instructions, he could die, simply by being in the presence of God and not being completely pure and holy.

And so here I am, today, in 2010, reflecting on that image of God's, literal, supreme holiness, and knowing that when Christ made his sacrifice on the cross for us, that "tore the veil" bringing us into God's holy presence.

He chose me to be loved.
He chose me in Christ.
He chose me to be without fault in his eyes.
He chose me, before he formed the world.

Wow.

Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it....